European funds – basis for sustainable relations “Science – Industry – Society” in the field of materials science in Bulgaria was organized on 23.02.2007
The Round table financed by the Project INCO–CT–2005–016414 (MISSION) of FP6 took place at the Scientist House of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia.
The total number of the participants in the Round table was 62, among them: representatives of the scientific community (33), small and medium-size enterprises (11), of governmental (3) and non-governmental organizations (9) and mass media (6) took part in the Round table discussions.
The Round table was opened by Prof. DSc. Konstantin Hadjiivanov – Director of the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry and Coordinator of the Centre of Multifunctional Materials and New Processes with Environmental Impact. Welcoming speeches were addressed by Prof. DSc. Naum Yakimov – Deputy President of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and by Eng. Agop Ovagimyan - Mayor of the Regional Municipality “Slatina”- Sofia.
Presentations of the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry and the Centre of Multifunctional Materials and New Processes with Environmental Impact were performed. The presentations included demonstration of the research traditions in IGIC and the perspectives for cooperation and preparation of joint projects with industry.
The main topics of the discussions at the Round table were connected with the possibilities of using the European funds for research and innovations in the fields of materials science, new green technologies and clean energy production. Experts from the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Economy and Energy, the Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency as well as from a private consulting company presented information packages on the Bulgarian governmental operation programs as follows:
- Mrs. Gergana Mytreva from the Ministry of Finance – “Preparation of Bulgaria for participation in the structural tools of EC”;
- Mr. Andrey Lalov from the Ministry of Economy and Energy – “Priorities of the Operative program ”The increase of the competitiveness of the Bulgarian economy 2007-2013” – a factor for economy growth”;
- Eng. Velislav Manev from “Viva Associated” Ltd. – “Partnership Science-Industry-Society a base for successful projects”;
- Mrs. Ralitza Borissova from the Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency – “The PHARE program for building of Technology Transfer Centers”.
The main topics of the presentations were:
- Encouraging the inside and outside integration between the research organizations and their co-operation with the business;
- Development of competitive knowledge-based industry through new mechanisms for promotion of applied research, high and green technologies and innovations;
- Introduction and dissemination of innovations, in order to ensure a competitive edge in the international market and satisfy in advance the new demands of domestic and international consumer;.
- The Bulgarian innovation strategy aiming at increasing the competitiveness of Bulgarian industry, through the introduction of new knowledge-based products, materials and technologies for producing, management and services;
- These actions will increase the competitiveness of the Bulgarian industry and will improve its capacity to cope with the competition in the EU market.
A fruitful expressive discussion followed the presentations. A common conclusion was drawn that the relations between the scientific organizations and the industrial enterprises should be strengthened aiming at sustainable development of the Bulgarian economy and welfare of the society.
Bulgarian National Radio - program “Horizont” and program “Christo Botev” emitted interviews with Prof. DSc. Konstantin Hadjiivanov – Director of the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry and Coordinator of the Centre of Multifunctional Materials and New Processes with Environmental Impact. The “Alma Mater” Radio emitted reportage about the Round-table on 23.02.2007. Information about the event appeared in “Dnevnik” and “Standard” national newspapers.
Further information about the Round table, the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry and as well as about the MISSION Project is given on:
http://www.igic.bas.bg č http://mission.igic.bas.bg